Allergan Dir, Procurement in Dublin, United States
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/7243/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Nov 09, 2018Post Date
Summary : The position will be reporting to the Executive Director Global Procurement, Manufacturing and Lab Sourcing. The Director, Global Procurement will lead management and oversight of sourcing categories managed through the Clonshaugh procurement team and will be responsible for developing and implementing global sourcing strategies together with leaders across the Allergan Legal, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, Global Pharmaceutical Technology, Site Operations, and Global Procurement teams. This position will be directly aligned with executive leaders across Operations and R&D globally to ensure that all services are performed by suppliers meet Allergan’s cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
Essential Job Functions : This is not intended as acomprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of themajor duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s)may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required toperform additional, position-specific tasks.
Description of KEY responsibilities:
• Leadthe development of sourcing strategies for various spend categories through collaborationand engagement with the executive leadership team in Global Operations.
• Providestrategic direction for the sourcing of various spend categories, allocation tosuppliers based on business requirements, contracting and budget negotiations,issue resolution, governance for all outsourced services, as well asmeasurement of supplier performance.
• Ensure that cost savings are achieved whenever possible without placing risk on the company’s quality, operational, timeline, and projected revenue requirements.
• Ensure the communication and alignment of savings targets across all direct reports, business partners, and organizational leaders to provide consistency of message and approach.
• Proactivelywork with business partners to identify sourcing and contracting requirementsin advance of supplier communications to ensure clear specifications,requirements, and alignment across the Allergan team prior to initiatingrequests or agreements with suppliers.
• Maintainrelationships with internal stakeholders of all levels, as well as externalsupplier relationships with key supplier personnel focused on working withAllergan to build a mutually beneficial supply relationship
• Buildand maintain a strong working knowledge of supply market conditions for the sourcingcategories that are being managed, as well as a good working knowledge of thesupplier category offerings
• Accountablefor achieving targeted results, including cost savings, for the agreed sourcingcategories
• Develop,execute, and negotiate supply agreements/contracts
• Ensurethat processes and communications channels exist in order to maximize theeffectiveness of the delivery and implementations of any sourcing negotiationsor projects
• Serve as procurement team site leader by engaging with other senior leaders to coach Clonshaugh procurement team and (1) act with integrity, initiative, and sound judgment to reinforce trust, professionalism, and commitments, (2) communicate regularly, openly, and effectively both within Allergan and to our suppliers, as appropriate, and (3) inspire and empower direct reports, procurement peers, and other senior leaders across Allergan and suppliers, as appropriate, to achieve and exceed objectives.
• through partnering with other senior leaders in the organization and the coaching of direct reports (1) manage and develop a number of direct reports by ensuring that they receive appropriate knowledge, (2) attract, assemble, and retain a high-caliber, multidisciplinary team to support sourcing activities, supplier performance, governance, relationships, and assessments, and (3) continuously develop self and others through both formal and informal training, skill development, communication, performance management and growth opportunities.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of :
• Pharmaceutical Commercial Chemical material external supplier management, evaluation, and selection focusing on cost, service, quality. Pharmaceutical material procurement experience a plus.
• Contract negotiation, management, and execution
• Supplier development and supplier performance
• Spend and performance analysis
• Materials management/Inventory levels
• Automated purchasing and planning systems - SAP preferred.
• Energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, and independent. Committed and dedicated to achieve success.
• Ability to be resourceful and flexible working in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Intellectual curiosity and motivation to seek answers
• Personal organization and self-management.
• Influencing skills and executive maturity.
• Excellent analytical and computer skills
Physical Requirements andWorking Conditions :
Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Master’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or related technical field preferred
• Minimum 10 years of varied line and staff experience in pharmaceutical operations, supply chain, or R & D environment
Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.