Allergan Associate Analyst, Formulation Chemistry- SkinMedica in Irvine, California
Associate Analyst, Formulation Chemistry- SkinMedica
Irvine, California, United States at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/7406/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Dec 14, 2018Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
Associate Product Development (PD) Analyst (chemist) will be responsible for conducting formulation projects in collaboration with staff scientists at SkinMedica product development team. Although this is an entry level position, candidates are expected to show independence and problem-solving skills. Associate PD Analyst will perform formulating, sample processing and analysis. Experience in cosmetic formulation (creams, lotions, serums, cleanser) is required. Experience operating laboratory equipment and process knowledge is required to make formulation batches; including but not limited to laboratory mixers, blenders, homogenizers, balances, pH meters, viscometers, moisture analyzer, microscope, packaging fillers, sealers. A general understanding of emulsion and surfactant technologies is a plus. Given a formula, the candidate is expected to be able to batch, test, and proactively monitor, investigate, and resolve issues related to formula, stability, micro, safety, etc. Candidate should possess a good overall working knowledge of common laboratory methods, and proficiency in writing SOPs or reports. Emphasis is on the ability to successfully perform/complete experiments, keep accurate records and facilitate interpretation and analysis of testing results (including packaging functionality/compatibility testing and full formula stability). Constant review of relevant literature linked to cosmetic ingredients and formulation techniques will be necessary. The incumbent needs to feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high quality standards.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Expected to establish and maintain positive relationships with management and coworkers and work well in a team environment.
· Must be self-motivated and show willingness to take on novel approaches/innovative technologies and additional responsibilities
· Attention to detail and accuracy is required
· Able to multitask several concurrent projects is essential for success in this position
· Must demonstrate excellence in oral and written communications
· Computer proficiency with common PC software such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Must have proven cosmetic formulation skills and experience in personal care especially skin care
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, self-starter, motivated.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Must be able to follow and adhere to supervisor directions.
· Equivalent to 4 years of college education in with preference in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
· Must have a minimum of a BS/BA degree, and a minimum of 2+ years of experience in cosmetic or pharmaceutical industry
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.