Allergan Mgr, Medical Information in Madison, New Jersey
Mgr, Medical Information
Madison, New Jersey, United States at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/7401/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Dec 03, 2018Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Oversees call center related activities of the Workflow Analysts (WA) and the on-phone Medical Information Analysts (Madison, NJ and Irvine, CA). Coordinates resources and sets daily priorities to meet the call center’s needs. Provides problem solving support to the on-phone team, as well as to internal and external departments and customers. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Leads the team through complex tasks. Fosters the growth of individual team members by building strong relationships and works to build customer relationships by creating a positive customer experience. Works with the Medical Information leadership team to maintain good communication regarding any departmental changes that can impact the call center and to assist in different projects/initiatives.
Bridges the gap between Medical Information and other internal departments. Develops good relationships with the leadership team of internal call centers to provide accurate information and to create a streamlined triaging process between departments. Has a clear understanding of the call center phone, recording and reporting systems. Understands triaging and routing logic. Can analyze call center data, determine areas of improvements and implement solutions. Lead onboarding activities of new Workflow Analyst staff and assists in the training process. Continuously provide call center education, training and support. Oversee team dynamics and maintain a positive work environment.
Manage call center related activities for Madison & Irvine on-phone team.
Manage the Workflow Analyst team in all aspects of their role, including but not limited to: inbound/outbound calls, case assignment/entry, quality assurance, and overall work schedule (timeliness, PTO requests, etc.).
Work closely with direct reports to develop Individual Development Plan (IDP).
Create good relationship with direct reports through 1x1 meetings and bi-weekly team meetings. Encourage growth, communication and BOLD culture.
Manage various inquiry queues (enter, review and/or distribute medical scientific inquiries through our case management system).
Assign specific tasks and responsibilities to direct reports. Assess individual team member workload and redistribute as necessary.
Provide managerial support, direction and coaching to Workflow Analysts, including but not limited to: performance management, training, development, engagement and employee relation issues.
Develop and implement better ways to manage cross functional teams and streamline procedures. Identify areas of need and improvement and implement solutions in a timely manner.
Schedule daily follow-ups as needed (voicemails, emails, cases, etc.).
Monitor functionality of call center phone systems and individual team members’ call center phones. Oversee phone presence of on-phone agents (Madison, NJ & Irvine, CA).
Measure call performance and call monitoring to ensure contact resolution within measured goals.
Respond to escalated calls from internal/external customers. Respond promptly and accurately to management requests; exercises good judgment in recommending expenditures of company funds.
Monitor/update new and existing processes for the team and/or from other departments in a timely manner. Create standardized scripts and procedures structured to guidelines.
Ensure all agents are adhering to department specific and companywide SOPs and guidelines.
Provide continuous call center/on-phone support & training to all on-phone agents.
Attend departmental meetings and training sessions as needed.
Establish good relationship with leadership team of other departments that work closely with Medical Information.
Assist with or lead special projects as directed/assigned by management.
Lead and/or participate in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of Workflow Analysts.
· Managing, coordinating and delegating assignments, and evaluating the work of assigned department personnel.
· Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and able to multitask with delivering high quality work.
· Leadership, team building, and training practices and methods.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work in a high-paced environment, while delivering efficient and accurate results in a timely manner.
· Customer service operations and principles.
· Recruiting, training and development of personnel.
· Experience with call center phone systems, phone routing process and triaging.
· Excellent analytical aptitude. Clear and concise communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with people at all levels of the organization and external clients.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with both internal and external customers.
· Planning, prioritizing and managing projects; defining problems, collecting data, drawing valid conclusions; recommending methods, procedures and techniques for resolution.
· Researching, analyzing and evaluating business requirements and new customer service methods, applications, procedures and techniques.
· Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations that support department goals and objectives.
· Mastery of use of computer systems and database and software applications, including Microsoft Office and knowledge of medical information’s inquiry repository, such as Information Request Management System (IRMS) preferred.
· Project management planning and tracking practices, principles, tools, and techniques.
· English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Pharmaceutical industry policies and practices.
· Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a customer service capacity and at a supervisory or managerial level, preferably in pharmaceutical, food, or cosmetic environment; or an equivalent combination of training experience. Pharmaceuticals experience highly preferred. On-call work required infrequently.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.