Allergan Senior International Tax Accountant in Madison, New Jersey
Senior International Tax Accountant
Madison, New Jersey, United States at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/7691/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jan 10, 2019Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Tax Department is a dynamic organization that analyzes new transactions, business flows, changes in tax laws and Tax/US GAAP reporting continuously. The department uses a significant amount of data to execute their critical day to day processes and maintain compliance with local and federal requirements.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and preparing, theUS-International Tax Forms 5471’s, 5472’s, 8858’s, 8865’s and other reporting requirements. The individual will also prepare financial and tax information necessary for income tax accounting purposes (ASC 740), applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, recognize and communicate potential risks to senior management. The individual must possess strong communication skills, as he/she will be responsible for interacting with all levels of management, local accounting teams, Financial Consolidations, and external providers. The Senior Tax Accountant will be charged with identifying and executing efficiencies related to the US-International compliance tax process and other Global Tax reporting requirements in a team environment.
The position will report to the Associate Director – US International Tax Operations.
Main Areas ofResponsibility
· Prepare the US–International informational return and workpapers, including 5471’s, 5472’s, 8858’s, 8865’s and other reporting requirements.
· Assist with supporting the IRS tax audit, as it relates to US International Tax issues by analyzing the Company's facts and tax position and preparing responses to the IRS via the Information Document Request process.
· Support the quarterly Income Tax Provision process, working with the foreign legal entities to understand the components that impact their current and deferred tax provision and review the foreign tax computations to assert that they are correctly reported in the Company's financial statements under ASC740.
· Responsible for assisting in identifying all the reporting requirements for newly acquired entities, ensuring a smooth transition of all data, tax attributes, tax basis, etc. and incorporating these acquisitions into our existing processes.
· Technology focused and flexible - has the ability to use, implement and/or create new workpapers as new tools become available throughout the Company
· Work with service providers and local managers to review the foreign tax returns and ensure the statutory reporting requirements are met.
· Research and analyze tax laws and regulations that may impact the company operations
· Implement coaching and mentoring initiatives to support the growth and learning of associates and interns.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
· At least 4 years of tax accounting and/or compliance background – pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
· Familiar with ASC740, US-International tax rules, Subpart F, Foreign Tax Credits, and foreign income inclusion concepts and issues that impact a US income tax return
· Well versed in financial information reporting systems such as SAP and CARAT
· OneSource Income Tax knowledge is required.
· Global Thinker and Creative Professional who can contribute in a team environment
· Strong analytical skills and handling of transactions in a highly acquisitive organization
· Strong project management skills with a pro-active approach towards the desired result
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to collaborate with team members and drive results
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university
· Masters in Taxation or Certified Public Accountant
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.